We are on the grow and we need a CFO to assist in taking us to the Next Level! I have included in this post a couple of links that relate to the job, who we are, and a day in the life. Check it out and if you think you are a great fit let us know!
You can forward your resume to me directly at email@example.com
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Reports to: President/CEO
Effective Date: TBD
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) plays an integral part in continuing the growth and profitability of Comfort Research. The CFO will be an essential part of the leadership team and will actively participate in the future visioning of the company as it grows both organically and through strategic acquisitions. The CFO ensures proper financial controls are in place and that financial transactions support the overall business strategy while meeting applicable laws and regulations. The CFO will also partner with other members of the leadership team to provide consultative support to planning initiatives, operational analyses, and recommendations. The right candidate will be a cross functional business leader who understands and can demonstrate a collaborative leadership approach. The role requires an emotionally astute leader who excels at collaboration and influencing by forging close relationships across the organization.
The CFO will offer new insights to improve business performance that will continue to deliver value to the company. The opportunity allows the right candidate to bring new ideas, changes and a plan to improve processes in a fast-paced environment with an award-winning culture. The ideal candidate will be passionate about our Core Values – Find a Better Way, Do the Right Thing and Expect the Best.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate the overall financial activities of the company; lead finance, treasury, cash, insurance, capital planning, tax, audit, regulatory compliance, accounting reporting, credit, accounts receivable and accounts payable
· Evaluate and suggest improvements that impact long-range planning, and introduction of new programs/strategies
· Ensure the finance team provides timely insights into financial trends
Maintain appropriate risk mitigation through systematic assessment and risk mitigation toolsEnsure the balance sheet is strong and able to provide multiple financial options to impact growth opportunities as they become availableProvide leadership and direction in ERP implementation, improvements and automation. Improve and maintain financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions and proactively minimizing the impact of variances
· Implement and maintain internal controls and processes required to manage and grow the business, while ensuring compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
· Build strong partnerships and establish credibility with the internal team, based upon a demonstrated collaborative approach, leadership skills, and ability.
· Willing to take a stand and build a case for change, always seeking input and engaging colleagues along the away. Not afraid to engage in healthy, respectful debate - but wholeheartedly supports and executes on consensus decision.
· Focus on the continuous improvement of internal processes, drive for collaboration across departments.
Qualifications: (indicate required and preferred)
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting is required, and a Master’s Degree in Business, Finance or Management is preferred.
· 5+ years of experience successfully working as a CFO or VP of Finance.
· Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach senior level leaders. Proven ability to work cross functionally to get results.
· Financial acumen and related analysis skills, including P&L, budget planning and creation, understanding pricing strategies and the ability to create accurate revenue forecasting models.
· Strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to present and explain complicated information in a clear and concise manner and deliver difficult messages effectively.
· Prefer experience in consumer products manufacturing and understanding the relationship with Fortune 500 vendors such as Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon, and similar retailers
Excellent systems ERP systems experience; experience with various ERP systems preferred
· Exemplary interpersonal skills, including executive presence and the ability to establish and maintain rapport/trust with stakeholders at a variety of levels, both internal and external to the company.
· Demonstrated ability to foster and develop a strong team. A proven team and culture builder.
· Exceptional strategic and analytical thinking with ability to drill down into tactics and attention to detail easily.
· “Disruptive” thinker, who challenges others to think differently.
· Superior analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to translate into an executable strategic plan.
· Self-starter attitude, entrepreneurial spirit and ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Comfort Research reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed.